Air Source Heat Pump Installation
An air source heat pump is an innovative and environmentally friendly way of providing hot water and heating all year round. Heat pumps are a relatively new technology in the UK although they are tried and tested across much harsher climates like Scandinavia where many thousands of homeowners are already reaping the rewards of converting to air source heat pumps.
They are a renewable alternative to domestic and commercial heating systems which run on gas, oil, LPG and electric and operate similar to the way your own refrigerator works, but in reverse. (Watch the video below for more information)
Here at Safegas, our Safe Renewables team have partnered with market leading heat pump manufacturer Mitsubishi to offer renewable heating solutions in the Yorkshire region through their award winning Ecodan range. The Ecodan heat pump technology is one of the most advanced and efficient on the market and their systems provide a simple, renewable solution that rivals traditional heating system; so, you can rest assured we are installing the most reliable products on the market.
George Clarke – Mitsubishi Ecodan
How an Air Source Heat Pump works
Why have an Air Source Heat Pump installed?
Reduced heating bills
- We design our air source heat pumps to operate with a Co-efficient Performance (COP) of 3 to 1, so for every kilowatt of electricity you pay for; you get 3 kilowatts of heat output, meaning the system is 300% efficient.
- What can you expect to save? (based on a three bed property – Based on DECC statistics as of September 2016)
- On Oil – you could save £500 per year
- On LPG – you could save £1020 per year
- Use Electricity – you could save £1120 per year
Receive payments from the Government – Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI)
Since Air Source Heat Pumps are a renewable technology, they fall in line with the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) in which you get paid, over 7 years, for using your renewable heating system. There are two different schemes which target both domestic properties and commercial level buildings.
On the Renewable Heat Incentive you can receive up to £9,800* plus £1,610 (Total £11,410) if you uptake the Metering and Monitoring Service Packaging (MMSP).
The Safe Renewable team will take you through every step of the RHI application, it is straight forward. All you need in preparation to apply is the MCS Installation Certificate Number which we will provide you, an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) number and your bank details.
With the reduced heating bills and Renewable Heat Incentive, your Air Source Heat Pump investment will be covered within 5 to 6 years.
Straight forward Installation and maintenance
Air Source Heat pumps are usually installed to the rear of the property to a suitable exterior wall where optimum heat absorption can be utilised. The simple outdoor unit is quick and easy to install.
In addition, there is very little maintenance needed for air source heat pumps as there are few moving parts and processes that can go wrong. Heat pumps have been labelled the ‘fit and forget technology’ as a simple annual service inspection is the only maintenance that is required, a service that is provided by Safegas.
- All year around heating and hot water – Technology operation – Based on the reverse concept of a fridge; heat pumps absorb heat from the outside air, and can generate heat even if the outside temperature drops to a freezing -20 degrees. Using electricity; the heat pump compresses the air and releases it at a higher temperature. The temperature is raised and subsequently used to heat radiators and underfloor heating systems.
- Reduced environmental impact – Cut CO2 by up to 50%^
- Noise reduction – Quiet Mark Technology – Contrary to popular belief air source heat pumps are extremely quiet and in actual fact make a similar noise to that of an office table fan.
- Average lifespan of 20 years
- Extended warranties since we are Business Solutions Partner with Mitsubishi who are based in the UK; we are based in Wetherby should you need us.
^Annual figures based on Mitsubishi Ecodan Vs LPG (3,370kg vs 7,260kg).
Our most recent Air Source Heat Pump
Tockwith, North Yorkshire
Heat Pumps are taking over
“Air source heat pumps are a tiny part of the market, but I promise you that is all about to change.” GEORGE CLARKE Architect, TV presenter, writer and lecturer
‘Its official. We are now entering the period that marks the transition from gas and oil heating to air source heat pumps. Max Halliwell looks at the market potential for this form of heating.’
Full article in the Energy in Buildings & Industry magazine – EIBI JANUARY 2019
What’s wrong with gas hobs? – BBC 2019
Confused by all the information? Ask your questions direct…
Safegas and the Safe Renewables Team recently held a question and answer evening in the Spotted Ox Pub, Tockwith, North Yorkshire on the 28th of February. Don’t worry if you didn’t get chance to attend, the team will be holding another evening soon. If you’re interested in meeting the team or simply want to ask a few questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org and the team will let you know when the next question and answer evening will be.
To find out what our customers in Wetherby, Harrogate, Leeds and other surrounding areas of Yorkshire think of our air source heat pump installation services, visit our renewable testimonials page.
To put money back in your pocket and to take advantage of this exciting new technology call your local Wetherby, Yorkshire Air Source Heat Pump installation experts on 01937 588 181 to book an appointment for your FREE no obligation survey.