Welcome to www.safegas.co.uk (the “Website”). We are Safegas Limited, a company registered in England under registered number 03061492 (“Safegas”, “we”, “our” or “us”). Our registered office is at Gemini House, Sandbeck Way, Wetherby, West Yorkshire LS22 7DN.
“You” and “your” means you as user of the Website for whatever purpose.
Changes to the Agreement
What information we collect
To enable us or our Approved Engineers to effectively deliver products and services that you request we may need to collect items of personal information from you. We collect information in two ways: (1) through information you give us; and (2) information we collect from your use of the Website.
When you are asked to provide such information, it may be done online via the Website, manually in paper form or on the telephone directly with one of our customer service team. Here are some types of personal information that we may ask for:
- Contact information (including others linked to your account e.g Next of Kin or key contact) including, telephone number, address, e-mail address
- Property type
- Boiler details
- Other information relevant to quotes, customer surveys, offers and competitions.
- Vulnerability information – information that allows us to determine if you are in a vulnerable situation, including health and disability information.
- Payment information – Bank account number and sort code.
- Account history – records of products and services which you have purchased.
- Records of your discussions/contact with our customer services team – When you share your thoughts ask questions or make a complaint we may make a record of this. This often includes your contact through, for example, social media networks, webchats and emails.
- Advertising and Direct marketing preferences – information regarding how you want us to communicate with you, how you reacted and/or interact with any direct marketing or advertising communications directed to you and your business, including any requests for these communications to stop.
You are not required to provide Safegas with any of the information listed above, however, if you do not provide such information this may restrict your ability to purchase our products or services or the functionality of our products or services may be reduced.
Information we collect from your use of the Website
How we use the information we collect
We use the information that we collect for a number of reasons but mainly:
- to ensure that the content of the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and the device that you are viewing the Website on;
- to identify and contact you about products, services and special offers for which you may be eligible and/or we feel you would be interested in;
- to deal with any applications/requests for quotes for products, information and/or services that you make (which may include contacting you about them);
- to notify you about any changes to products or services on the Website;
- to carry out research, training and/or statistical analysis, which may require us to pass your information to our group companies (where applicable), our franchisor and franchisor’s group companies, and to members of our franchise network;
- to contact you to participate in one of our customer satisfaction surveys; and
- to, where appropriate, send you promotional information about us and/or about third parties that we think you may find interesting.
We may pass your information to other specially selected third parties but mainly:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share personal information to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements or protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies, governmental departments and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will not share your details with any organisation or persons without your prior permission except as set out in the conditions above or as you have consented to (via either opt in or opt out).
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You have the right, at any time, to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by emailing us or writing to:
Data Protection Officer
Requesting access to/amending your Personal Information
Data Protection Officer
The amendment to your personal information is freely available although we may require proof of your identity. On receipt of such proof we will provide you with a readable copy of the personal information that we hold within 30 days. We reserve the right to refuse to provide copies of personal information but will give reasons for our refusal.
If you wish your information to be removed from our systems or believe that any personal information we hold on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email or write to our Data Protection Officer at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Where we store your information
Sources we collect your information from
- Directly from you: When you purchase a product or service from us, submit information via our website or complete any Safegas related documents, enter our competitions and promotions, make a compliant, exercise your stator rights, contacts us via phone, email or communicate with us in any other way.
- Our website
- Our Heating engineers: May provide information about your boiler, central heating system and other appliances.
- Linked people to your account: Bill payers, next of kin others who you have given permission for us to receive your details from
- Government and regulators: Information about the complaints they receive.
Who we share your information with
- In-house advertising and direct marketing
- Hitachi Capital – If you decide to use our finance options.
Hitachi Capital Consumer Finance
2 Apex View
0344 375 5500
- Appliance manufacturers – for example, we will share some of your information with the manufacturer of your new boiler so that your boiler can be registered.
- Government or regulators – Information Commissioner’s office (ICO); Office of Gas and Electricity Markets (Ofgem); Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
From time to time, we may contact you via email, SMS, post or telephone about products and services we believe may be of interest to you. We aim to respect your marketing preferences at all times and we hope that our marketing only enhances the relationship Safegas has with you.
However, if you find that you no longer want to receive marketing messages from us then email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 01937 588181 or write to us Data Protection Officer, Safegas Limited, Gemini House, Sandbeck Way, Wetherby, LS22 7DN.
How long we keep your personal data for
We will keep your personal data for as long as necessary in order to achieve the processing purposes.