Drain and sewer maintenance

If you experience any difficulties with drains and sewers, both at home and on public property, it’s important to know who to call and how to rectify any problems.

Drain maintenance

Generally speaking, homeowners and tenants are generally responsible for their property’s drains, right up to the property boundary.

Sewer maintenance

The responsibility of waste and sewage companies, if you find a fault with a public or private sewer you should contact your water company directly.

Reporting a blocked drain

If you’ve incurred damage due to a public drain, or one that’s owned by another private resident, such as a neighbour, contact your local council for advice.

Information and other materials on this website are not intended to constitute professional advice and should not be relied upon. Please see our Terms of Use for further details.

Get a Boiler Quote

Need a new boiler? Get a boiler quote online in 60 seconds.

Get a quote